Learnlists – what we call our learning modules – are effectively play lists of learning. They are at the heart of Learn Amp’s platform.
Getting the structure and balance is critical. By following five evidence and experience-based principles, you can ensure a truly effective and inspiring learning experiences every time:
- Identify needs. Some studies have suggested that only 10% of corporate training is effective. If you’re going to get a return on your investment, identifying real training needs is an essential first step.
- Start with something that will open the mind, and instil a sense of ‘Why?’ So why does that matter? People who’ve been inspired are more open to new experiences and are also more absorbed in the tasks they’ve been set.
- Deliver insight, knowledge, and expertise in the most engaging way possible. That is, seek out the best person, medium or sources of information for the job at hand. Managers who maximise networks and communities in order to help their teams learn are vastly more effective at improving performance.
- Ensure there’s a chance to practice and to test the new knowledge or skill. 50% of new information learned is forgotten within an hour, and 90% is lost within a week. Putting skills into practice can dampen this rapid attrition and make sure learners remember what’s important.
- Impact. Assess the impact of the learning on performance in the role. For example, ensuring employees are setting goals effectively has more than twice as much impact in increasing their performance than simply changing management processes. Monitoring and scaling up these shifts can lead to dramatically improved performance.